Summary: Silk Road Medical, Inc. is a public medical device company located in Sunnyvale, California, that is focused on reducing the risk of stroke and its devastating impact. The company has pioneered a new approach for the treatment of carotid artery disease called TransCarotid Artery Revascularization (TCAR). TCAR is a clinically proven procedure combining surgical principles of neuroprotection with minimally invasive endovascular techniques to treat blockages in the carotid artery at risk of causing a stroke.
We are looking for a Vice President, Technology & Product Development who will lead and grow a world-class research and development team that works to identify new products and procedures, improve patient outcomes, and expand our Intellectual Property. The ideal candidate has a passion for solving un-met clinical needs and a dedication to patient health and outcomes, technology innovation, intellectual property stewardship, product and process excellence and a proven track record of building and leading high-performing technical teams.
This role is an integral member of the Senior Staff teams and leads all Research and Development activities including but limited to:
- Architect the Company’s overall Technology Plan, including exploration and development of new clinical areas while maintaining leadership in existing markets.
- Lead the efforts to ensure TCAR continuous improvement with regards to product and patient care.
- Lead the overall product pipeline and portfolio strategy in alignment with Marketing, Medical Directors, and Business Development teams.
- Evaluate novel technologies for addition to the company’s portfolio.
- Align, structure, and motivate the R&D team to deliver on the company’s strategic plan. Build a culture of teamwork and excellence in a fast-paced, lean environment. Mentor and develop staff.
- Lead interactions with physician KOLs around the world to guide and align our pipeline and product specific strategies.
- Lead efforts to ensure that new products meet or exceed Company timetables for development and goals for market acceptance, quality, cost, etc.
- Own the design control system and assure complete compliance with all requirements
- Deliver programs on time and on budget.
- Partner with cross functional teams to ensure that the necessary documentation for regulatory submissions and internal quality systems are completed.
- Owns Intellectual Property efforts strategically and tactically to build and protect a broad, comprehensive, and valuable portfolio of patents, trademarks, copyrights and trade secrets. Ensures that intellectual property position of company is enhanced by research and development activities.
- Represent the overall technology perspective where needed in investor presentations, Board meetings and with business and financial partners and in the company’s dealings with regulatory authorities.
- Bachelors or advanced degree in Engineering, Mechanical/Electrical or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in progressive research and product development leadership roles within companies that develop, manufacture and sell complex endovascular medical devices preferably in the Neurovascular and or Cardiovascular space.
- Minimum of 7 years leading Product Development or equivalent business unit.
- Experience in setting and scaling the research and development function, with the proven ability to attract, inspire, motivate, develop, and retain top tier talent.
- Proven ability to bridge technology and business acumen by establishing, articulating and implementing concrete pipeline development and growth strategies that clearly aligns with corporate and commercial goals.
- High clinical acumen with prior knowledge of complex cardiovascular system preferably, including hemodynamics, fluid dynamics, and materials science
- Strong program management experience. Demonstrated ability to deliver on time, on budget in a fast-paced lean environment.
- Proven leadership in areas pertaining to FDA GMP, GLP and design controls
- Medical Device Regulatory, Quality Assurance and Compliance experience a must.
- Experience with distributed teams and business partners.
Interested candidates should submit their resume to VP, Technology & Product Development.