Summary: Silk Road Medical, Inc. is a public medical device company located in Sunnyvale, California, that is focused on reducing the risk of stroke and its devastating impact. The company has pioneered a new approach for the treatment of carotid artery disease called TransCarotid Artery Revascularization (TCAR). TCAR is a clinically proven procedure combining surgical principles of neuroprotection with minimally invasive endovascular techniques to treat blockages in the carotid artery at risk of causing a stroke.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as Vice President, Marketing, be a key member of the senior leadership team, and lead all corporate strategic and tactical marketing initiatives. The VP, Marketing will drive the development and implementation of innovative marketing strategies that create value for the company, physicians, payors and patients. S/he will lead our internal team of marketing professionals and obtain and oversee the work of external marketing resources.
This position carries strategic responsibly as well leading the team in tactical implementation. S/he will report to the Executive Vice President, Global Sales and Marketing, manage a budget, and build a team necessary to support related activities. The successful candidate must demonstrate excellent communication and collaboration skills, have a strategic, innovative mindset and a high level of business acumen.
- Assume ultimate responsibility for ensuring that Silk Road Medical has an innovative marketing strategy that effectively drives the adoption of our products in our target markets. This role includes responsibility for upstream and downstream marketing, product marketing, marketing communications, marketing development, clinical marketing and event and conference planning.
- Develop and maintain a clear, compelling marketing vision of where s/he wants to take the business and marketing function. Be passionate about that vision and ensure that the focus and deliverables of the marketing function are in alignment with that vision.
- As a key interface between our commercial and product strategy teams, support the acquisition of customer input for product development projects through discussions with clinical advisors and outside KOLs, attendance at relevant clinical and industry conferences, review of clinical literature, market research reports, competitive product information, and other sources.
- Direct all product launch efforts domestically and globally to include pricing, training, target account identification, roll out strategy, creation of all collateral sales materials, UPE execution – collecting all customer feedback to support the product development process.
- Develop product portfolio forecasts for the operations team.
- Partner with key customers, the Executive Director Medical Affairs and Clinical group to support the podium and publication strategy and execution.
- Develop and articulate a clear brand voice that is integrated throughout all internal and external communications. Manage corporate rebranding initiative with outside agency.
- Direct all conference and symposium initiatives including booth presence.
- Manage all public relations and advertising programs.
- Structure and manage the company’s marketing function and staff.
- Select, manage and evaluate all outside marketing resources.
- A strategic thinker with a minimum of 10+ years’ experience in marketing, with a medical device company; strong preference for someone who has worked in a start-up in the cardiovascular industry
- The successful candidate will have deep marketing experience in medical device companies with increasing leadership responsibilities in organizations of equivalent size or larger, global scale and complexity.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related and/or life sciences field. MBA required
- Understanding of different needs and marketing strategies in different countries based on past experience launching new products in APAC and Western European regions high desired.
- A strong collaborative leader with experience leading and managing a marketing team as well as experience with cost effective management of outside marketing resources.
- Exceptional verbal, written and executive-level presentation skills, professional, and diplomacy skills.
- Must be comfortable in an entrepreneurial environment with limited support while expanding a team.
Silk Road Medical prides itself on its ability to hire individuals with a strong intellectual acumen and critical thinking skills and the successful VP, Marketing will be no exception to these requirements.
- Exceptional communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills. Given the truly groundbreaking nature of this company, this individual’s ability to communicate effectively will be instrumental to his/her success.
- S/he will possess strong decision-making capabilities; have strong marketing skills, as well as a strategic business sense and a successful track record as a proactive leader. Must possess a natural orientation toward creative problem-solving in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess a positive, people-centric leadership style and have a track record of enhancing a culture where people love to work, grow their capabilities, and do their best work in pursuit of a vision.
- Be able to grasp complex problems quickly and provide reasonable direction and counsel to colleagues and external partners.
- A self-starter who has initiative, is a quick study, and has the ability to thrive in an environment responsive to and inspired by new ideas.
- Creative problem-solver and change-driver who anticipates trends, presents new ideas, and drives change management
- Strong track record of partnering with cross-functional teams, particularly with Sales and Sales Training, to build unity ensure the Marketing Strategy is fully integrated into the broader commercial effort.
Why This is a Great Opportunity:
- Exciting time to join this rapidly-growing, cutting-edge medical device company.
- The VP, Marketing will work closely with and report to the Executive VP, Global Sales and Marketing of Silk Road Medical, who has an excellent reputation as a leader who empowers and supports his teams.
- Silk Road Medical appreciates diversity & inclusion at all levels within their organization; and also enjoys a diverse composition on its executive team.
- Very strong benefits and perks—comparable to those provided by much larger tech companies (e.g. stocked kitchen and on-site gym).
- The Vice President, Marketing will enjoy a mission-critical role with opportunity to grow the marketing team, influence the direction and success of the company, with steep upside potential.
- Opportunity to interact and advise top executives of the company and collaborate across business functions to make a significant impact on the company’s continued success.
- A collaborative work environment with mission-oriented colleagues who care about each other and the success of their organization.
Interested candidates should submit their resume to VP, Marketing.