Summary: The Silk Road Medical Therapy Development Specialist is an entrepreneurial ambassador for a new hybrid procedure to treat carotid artery disease: TCAR (TransCarotid Artery Revascularization).
As part of the US sales team, Therapy Development Specialists will help lead the next revolution in endovascular surgery by becoming a trusted clinical partner and TCAR specialist driving safe adoption of our procedure, superior outcomes for patients and revenue targets in the assigned territory. This position reports directly to an Area Director.
We are actively recruiting for Therapy Development Specialists in various locations across the United States. The current openings are for the following territories:
- Atlanta South
- Memphis, TN
- North FL; Jacksonville
- Northern New England (ideal candidate would live & cover northern New England into New Hampshire, Maine and Vermont)
- Southeast FL
- Lead the next revolution in endovascular surgery to execute market development and therapy adoption initiatives in TCAR Centers of Excellence, prospect new commercial opportunities, become a trusted clinical partner and TCAR specialist to drive safe adoption, superior outcomes and achieve sales revenue targets of the ENROUTE Transcarotid Neuroprotection System, ENROUTE Transcarotid Stent System and related products.
- Practice excellent relationship management with customers, with strong organization, administration and expense planning and control.
- Act as partner and resource to SRM cross functional teams, including Sales, Field Clinical, Professional Medical Education, Marketing, Research and Development.
Education, Experience and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree or other relevant education and experience
- 5+ year’s sales and/or clinical experience in a hospital environment; focus in minimally invasive cardiovascular market, EVAR/TEVAR, TAVR, peripheral or surgical related products.
- Previous industry experience communicating product’s market advantages to physicians and hospital administration.
- Prior industry experience teaching and educating medical personnel, peers and technical support personnel
- Strong, proven medical device sales/clinical track record with documented growth and achievements. Experience calling on C-Suite customers.
- Experience in converting an open surgical procedure to an endovascular alternative. Knowledge of the unique market development challenges with this type of procedural conversion sale.
- Previous experience communicating product’s market advantages to physicians and hospital administration.
- Prior experience teaching and educating medical personnel, peers and technical support personnel.
- Imaging interpretation experience (Carotid Duplex Ultrasound, CTA, MRA, catheter angiography) Computer proficiency and ability to perform CT reconstruction with CT programs. Experience in Hybrid OR settings and various angiography imaging from C-Arm to angio suite.
- Experience in the Operating Room environment. Knowledge of sterile field, operating room dynamics, and personnel.
- Demonstrated success building strong relationships with key therapy users and employees across organizational level.
- Previous peer and physician education experience.
- Excellent influencing and consulting skills
- Ability to effectively organize and plan travel schedule with frequent short notice requests.
- Ability to travel with overnight stay up to 50- 75% of the time (geography variability)
What We Offer You
- A collaborative work environment with colleagues who care about each other and the success of their organization
- A workplace where you are treated fairly, compensated competitively, and can learn and develop your skills
- A chance to join an industry which is saving lives and changing the shape of healthcare
- A very fun and supportive environment in a fast-growing organization where there is never a dull moment
Interested candidates should submit their resume to email@example.com. Please indicate the area/territory that you are interested in applying within your subject line and cover email/letter.