Summary: The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is a critical role with our Office of Medical Affairs with responsibility for overseeing region (West/East/Central) specific development and execution of clinical/non-clinical training and serving as a scientific peer and resource to healthcare providers and internal colleagues within Silk Road Medical.
The role of the MSL includes the development of strategy and implementation for all Health Care Professional (HCP) interactions and activities in alignment with compliance guidelines and SRM goals. The MSL will be a conduit of information regarding research, clinical trial activities and therapeutic approaches specific to the trans carotid revascularization procedure.
- Demonstrate therapeutic expertise, understand territory/market influences, engage scientifically with HCPs and medical experts, manage and develop their area and execute all administrative duties
- Customer engagement is also a key component of the MSLs responsibility and may include but not be limited to: emerging data discussions, clinical trial and pipeline discussions, medical insights, responding to unsolicited requests, disease and adverse event education.
- Establish and build peer to peer relationships and engage with HCPs (including interventionalists, anesthesiologists, allied health, and other healthcare professionals). The MSL will be responsible for building relationships and engaging in peer to peer level scientific discussions around emerging data, treatment guidelines, clinical outcomes and research opportunities.
- Serve as a scientific liaison to the medical/scientific community responsible for establishing, developing and maintaining peer-to-peer relationships with HCPs within the coverage area; ensure the appropriate dissemination of clinical and scientific information, in a timely, ethical and customer-focused manner
- Implement scientific and educational strategies in collaboration with colleagues from Medical Affairs and Clinical investigator initiated research, and educational initiatives; work to pair our key customer’s educational and research needs with available resources aligned with strategy, and also provide the latest emerging data in response to specific healthcare professional inquiries.
- Initiate, establish and drive the education and training Strategy in line with supporting SRM Products, Sales and Marketing strategies specific to the needs of the clinical and non-clinical stakeholders to include HCPs, allied health and administration.
- Support the development, leveraging and implementation of tools and technology to drive efficiency and effectiveness of clinical education by exhibiting economic benefits while maintaining clinical relevance and patient safety.
- Maintain, strengthen and develop new/existing KOL/Preceptor/Proctor relationships with relevant key clinicians.
- Responsible for adhering to all legal, regulatory and Compliance policies.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree required. RN preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant clinical practice experience with prior experience in Cardiovascular Medical Device industry mandatory
- Must possess a thorough understanding of the FDA, OIG, HIPPA, ADVAMED Code and other ethical guidelines relevant to the medical device industry, to ensure compliance with these external as well as internal guidelines and standard operating procedures
- Proven ability to learn complex technology/clinical applications required
- This role is field based – with the expectation that the MSL will be in the field and customer facing most of the time to achieve performance/business objectives.
- Excellent collaboration skills required with the ability to work effectively with both internal and external peers
- Must demonstrate strong commercial and business acumen
- Must be a self-starter and work independently and prioritize tasks to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to use a PC with mastery of the Internet, Intranet and Microsoft product (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Project and Photo Editor)
- Ability to quickly learn and master SRM’s specific systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- The candidate must be flexible to travel 50% to 70%. Overnight travel, inclusive of workweek and weekends will be required
Interested candidates should submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.