Summary: The Distribution / Logistics Manager is responsible for all Silk Road Medical’s inbound and outbound shipments of components and products. Candidates must have the ability to juggle multiple tasks and priorities, thrive in a highly driven environment, enjoy learning new skills, procedures, and systems, and have an overall desire to contribute to company growth.
- Overall responsibility for inbound and outbound logistics operations, including transportation, warehouse activities, storage and logistics.
- Responsible for negotiating contracts and rates for transportation and warehousing in all regions to meet and/or exceed cost targets.
- Work with cross functional teams internally and externally to improve logistics and warehouse operational efficiency including researching, recommending and implementing electronic solutions to paper-based systems.
- Responsible for meeting and/or exceeding all financial goals for the department. Analyze the financial impact of proposed logistics changes, such as routing, shipping modes, product volumes or mixes, or carriers.
- Plan, implement and control products from manufacturing and sterilization sites to the end customer’s forwarder or collections point;
- Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports or exports, or customer expedite issues around the world, specifically in US, APAC, and Europe
- Responsible for the maintenance of reports, process documentation, and service metrics
- Maintain compliance with all federal, state and Department of Transportation (D.O.T.), as well as CTPAT certifications worldwide
- Ensure carrier compliance with company policies or procedures for product transit or delivery.
- Responsible for optimal route structure and implementation, routing systems, and overall logistics support.
- Serve as the focal point for the administration and oversight of the logistics process as well as tactical interactions with suppliers and customers. This will include benchmarking, negotiating and managing third party vendor contracts and service levels.
- Provide leadership, development and training of the warehouse staff.
- Manage, maintain, and enforce the safety program for all operations personnel and equipment; review safety records to uphold standards to comply with OSHA, State Code Regulations, and other required safety compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 8+ years logistics experience, including project management
- Must have an expert understanding of International and APAC freight, logistics, customs, and VAT rules and regulations
- Solid understanding of customs clearance, VAT, logistics suppliers / partners in European and APAC countries
- Experience with ERP systems; QAD knowledge is a plus and Microsoft office tools proficient.
- Highly driven and strong communication skills
- Ability to think analytically, set strategy and execute on solutions with a process-oriented approach
- Travel required 10%
What We Offer You:
- A collaborative work environment with colleagues who care about each other and the success of their organization
- A workplace where you are treated fairly, compensated competitively, and can learn and develop your skills
- A chance to join an industry which is saving lives and changing the shape of healthcare
- A very fun and supportive environment in a fast-growing organization where there is never a dull moment
Interested candidates please select the link: Manager – Distribution/Logistics.