Summary: Silk Road Medical, based in Sunnyvale, CA, is seeking three Market Development Managers who will be responsible for key market development initiatives to drive TCAR market adoption.
We are actively recruiting for these roles in our West, Central and East sales regions.
The Transcarotid Artery Revascularization (TCAR) procedure is a novel and disruptive treatment paradigm for carotid artery disease and stroke prevention. In addition to the clinical performance of the therapy itself, a key driver of market adoption will require a fundamental shift in the well-established treatment algorithms for carotid artery disease. Through the strategic establishment of local and regional TCAR centers of excellence (COE), Silk Road Medical aims to generate pull-through demand for the TCAR Procedure due to increased community awareness and physician education
The ideal candidate should be experienced in leading cross-functional projects, as success will ultimately depend on the motivations and commitment of other key internal and external stakeholders: physicians, hospital administrators, and field sales reps. Success will require a creative mindset and an ability to adapt to local conditions and requirements. Due to the evolving nature of market development, novel key performance metrics will need to be developed and refined in consultation with Marketing, Sales, Medical Affairs, Regulatory Affairs and other Silk Road Medical departments.
- Lead the following key market development initiatives to drive TCAR market adoption:
- Train & support the field sales team on incorporating and implementing appropriate market development activities,
- Develop and update local and national marketing assets & collateral as part of a comprehensive market development toolkit, and
- Collaborate with targeted TCAR COE with their community outreach, referral marketing and educational efforts.
- Partner with field sales team in qualifying, identifying, and selecting target COE to maximize market development impact
- Foster strong relationships with key physicians and hospital staff to understand their medical practice, referral patterns, and patient demographics as it relates to carotid revascularization
- Develop customized strategies for targeted COE to meet market development needs by leveraging existing programs and developing new solutions that are scalable
- Partner with champion physicians at COE to develop educational events (referral dinners, grand rounds, town hall meetings) to raise referral network awareness of the clinical benefits of the TCAR procedure
- Coordinate with the field sales team, internal SRM departments, hospital marketing departments, and local media outlets to create and distribute market development tools
- Collect and share market development best practices with internal and external stakeholders
- Track and measure impact of market development activities
Minimum Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required:
- 3-7 years of market development experience in the healthcare industry, preferably working with vascular and/or stroke specialists. Knowledge of local vascular referral patterns would be ideal
- Demonstrated experience in organizing and implementing community outreach programs, such as referral dinners, mailer campaigns, CME workshops, local media pitches, etc.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects with multiple stakeholders in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Ability to motivate and influence external stakeholders using indirect incentives
- Strong interpersonal, written, and presentation skills
- Analytical skills to track, measure, and report on campaign effectiveness and ROI
- Professional work ethic and ability to operate independently in an organized fashion
- Social media savvy, especially Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn
- Expertise with Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat required, InDesign, Photoshop, and video editing skills preferred
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
- This position is US field based and reports to the Director, Market Development, who is located at the corporate headquarters in Sunnyvale, CA
Interested candidates should submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.