Summary: The day shift Assembler II position performs varies duties as related to the manufacturing, packaging and labeling of Silk Road Medical Products and sub-assemblies. The position is an integral member of the Production team.
- Assembles components into medical devices in accordance with approved manufacturing procedures
- Performs in-process quality checks on sub-assemblies and finished product in accordance with quality system procedures
- Maintains accurate records/documentation related to quality, work-in-progress, test results, labor (e.g., timecards)
- Identifies safety hazards on a regular basis for correction.
- Reports all equipment and process related problems to area supervisor including events and circumstances which could affect product quality, cost, and employee safety
- Works with engineers and technicians to resolve line issues and suggests improvements
- Flexibility and willingness to work overtime
- Be punctual and adhere to company policies
- Works in accordance with current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and current Good Documentation Practices (cGDP).
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Skills Required:
- High School diploma or equivalent certification
- 2-5 years of assembly experience in a medical device manufacturing environment
- Ability to perform basic math addition, subtraction multiplication, division.
- Ability to use pin gauges, digital calipers, snap gauges and digital micrometers.
- Basic knowledge of computer applications such as MS Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Possess dexterity and be detail oriented.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to meet multiple and occasional competing deadlines while maintaining a cooperative working relationship with other employees and supervisor.
- Ability to read English and to comprehend verbal and written instructions.
- Must be highly organized and able to execute tactics in a timely manner.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with endovascular medical products and technologies preferred.
- Knowledge of medical industry manufacturing techniques and equipment.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity to work with small plastic and metal components under a microscope for extended periods of time
- Ability to complete documentation in an accurate and comprehensive manner
- Ability to provide technical expertise of a process or processes
- Ability to maintain productive work relationships with personnel at all levels
- Ability to address conflict in a constructive and respectful manner
- Job duties are typically performed in a Cleanroom environment. Overall duties require the ability to stand or sit for lengthy periods of time.
- Walking or standing for extended periods of time within the Cleanroom, R&D Lab or warehouse areas may be required for the operation of equipment and assigned duties.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate
Personal Protective Equipment:
- The use of specialized equipment requiring additional training will be required.
- The use of Personal Protective Equipment such as Latex/rubber/heat resistant gloves, UV eye protection, safety glasses, goggles, cleanroom gowning wear (smocks, head covers, beard covers, shoe covers) will be required.
What We Offer You:
- A collaborative work environment with colleagues who care about each other and the success of their organization
- A workplace where you are treated fairly, compensated competitively, and can learn and develop your skills
- A chance to join an industry which is saving lives and changing the shape of healthcare
- A very fun and supportive environment in a fast-growing organization where there is never a dull moment
Interested candidates should submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.