Summary: Silk Road is looking for a Production Supervisor to join our Operations team. The Production Supervisor will coordinate all production activities from initiation of builds through final product release. Responsibilities will include the production build schedule, capacity and constraints coordination, staff training and deployment, including procedure training and conformance.
- Coordinate daily/weekly production builds with Production Planner including preparing and coordinating sterilization needs.
- Plan and coordinate daily activities of all assemblers and leads and deploys as needed.
- Develop, train, and motivate production staff to meet yield and production goals consistent with Company objectives.
- Work closely with Material Control personnel to proactively communicate needs to prevent material shortages.
- Work closely with Quality Assurance to prioritize inspections and resolve discrepancies.
- Track and report on manufacturing yields, efficiencies, and output.
- Identify manufacturing issues and participate in the development and continuous improvement of manufacturing processes.
- Participate in the creation and improvement of manufacturing processes for new products, product changes and enhancements, and related tooling and fixtures,
- Assist with defining, qualifying, and implementing Document Change Notices.
- Support various qualification, validation and reliability studies in cooperation with manufacturing engineering and product development teams.
- Responsibilities include the management of staff that includes, interviewing, hiring, and training immediate staff as well as planning, assigning, and directing work and evaluating performance
- Work in accordance with quality system procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Skills Required:
- A High School diploma and/or other technical field training or certification AND equivalent combination of training and experience is required.
- Five years Medical Device production experience with at least 2 years in a lead or other supervisory role.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to meet multiple and occasional competing deadlines while maintaining a cooperative working relationship with other employees and supervisor.
- Ability to read English and to comprehend verbal and written instructions and prepare written procedures and reports
- Working knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
- Must be highly organized and able to execute tactics in a timely manner.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient math skills (addition/subtraction).
- Experience with endovascular medical products and technologies preferred.
- Knowledge of medical industry manufacturing techniques and equipment preferred.
- Ability to walk, stand or sit for extended periods of time as within the Cleanroom, R&D Lab or warehouse areas where duties are typically performed.
Interested candidates should submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.