Summary:The Product Manager (PM) will drive upstream and downstream marketing initiatives for the new Transcarotid Artery Revascularization (TCAR) Procedure for Silk Road Medical. With the Vascular Surgery community as the primary customer, the PM will work closely with internal R&D, regulatory, sales and clinical teams to develop and launch new adjunctive products and create a best in class marketing and market development materials for physician customers, hospital marketing departments and our field sales and clinical organizations.
The candidate in this position will conceive, develop, launch and train to new marketing materials to support additional product sales and effectively broadcast the value proposition of the novel TCAR Procedure. Listed below are some of the key deliverables for the Silk Road Product Manager.
- Foster strong relationships with key, experienced physicians and hospital staff to better understand the clinical needs of carotid artery revascularization from our vascular surgery customer base.
- Work closely with R&D and our physician customers to design, develop and launch a portfolio of adjunctive products to ensure consistent procedural success of the ENROUTE® Transcarotid Neuroprotection and Stent System.
- Develop deep relationships with key manufacturers and their extended internal teams (Regulatory, marketing, sales, supply chain) to design, develop and deliver our forecasted volumes of products to support global product demand.
- Create and launch technical and clinically-based marketing materials to support a deeper understanding of our products, procedure and outcomes.
- Support the continuous improvement of the Silk Road website and marketing collateral through patient, physician and customer-based testimonials through language, videos and animations.
- Work closely with physician customers to create product preparation and live case videos to support the training and education of current and future users.
- Work with Professional Education to develop benchtop models that can be used to train physicians and OR staff on the procedural steps of the TCAR Procedure.
- Attend trade shows and events to capture physician feedback and promote the TCAR procedure.
- Comply with all regulatory and clinical requirements in marketing materials and messaging.
- Participate in evaluation, development and refinement of marketing materials and programs in a creative, dependable, and flexible manner to achieve a high-quality work-product.
- Work closely with Operations and Supply chain to accurately forecast product demand through launches, portfolio transitions and end of life cycles.
- Perform other duties as assigned by VP, Marketing and senior staff of Silk Road Medical.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 3-5 years of up/downstream product management experience in the medical device space, preferably working with vascular or endovascular specialists with a preference for a work history with vascular surgeons or experience in the carotid vasculature
- Demonstrated clinical experience related to surgical and/or endovascular device market with ideally, experience in vascular surgery, surgical and interventional vascular devices, and operating room etiquette
- Professional work ethic, strong organizational skills, and ability to operate independently
- Strong interpersonal skills, experience working with surgeons in the OR setting and/or endovascular specialists in the interventional suites
- MBA is preferred
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
- Computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint required with live case and animation video editing skills preferred
- The position is based in the home office of Sunnyvale, CA and reports to the VP, Marketing
Interested candidates should submit their resume to email@example.com. Please list the region and position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.