Summary: The Human Resource Coordinator / Payroll Administrator is a critical role within our Human Resource team and is responsible for facilitating human resource / payroll processes for employees at our HQs in Sunnyvale and throughout the US. Responsibilities include employee benefit program administration, data entry / maintenance within ADP, and payroll processing.
In this position, you will be responsible for the following:
- Prepare offer letters and maintain all new employee files / records.
- Ensure a smooth and effective onboarding of new employees. Complete I-9 forms, verifies I-9 documentation and maintains I-9 files.
- Administers health and welfare plans, including enrollments, changes and terminations. Acts as a liaison between employees, our broker, and insurance providers. Process required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record-keeping and proper deductions. Reconcile benefits statements / invoices.
- Conduct audits of benefits or other HR programs and recommend corrective action.
- Process employment terminations.
- Assist with the preparation of the performance and compensation review process.
- Assist with recruitment and interview process. Tracks status of candidates and responds with follow-up letters at the end of the recruiting process.
- Respond to employee inquiries regarding HR issues or concerns.
- Process semi-monthly payroll in ADP; coordinate with Finance team on reconciliation of general ledger about payroll transactions
- Maintain and document all payroll records
- Process and monitor garnishment orders and other issues that impact payroll
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely
- Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports
- Understand proper taxation of employer paid benefits
- Execute time and attendance processing and interface with payroll
- Process accurate and timely quarterly and year-end reporting
- Process manual checks
- Respond to employee inquiries regarding payroll issues or concerns
Experience, Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources (preferred) or related field and/or equivalent experience
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) credential preferred
- Minimum of 2 years HR / Payroll experience working within ADP system
- Solid computer skills, including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Strong analytical skills coupled with exceptional attention to detail
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn and become an expert
- Excellent customer service attitude
Interested candidates should submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.